Monday, July 11, 2011

Sharing My Friends

I'm taking a different approach today. First, a little bit of "business". I appreciate every one of you that chooses to spend a few minutes with my blog each week. I do want to remind those of you that follow via e-mail that the message you receive only shows you the writing portion of the blog, but there are several other things that I include from time to time, like pictures, links to outside information, my Etsy store, etc. so please take a moment to go to the actual blog website if you can and not just read the e-mail message. If you go to the blog, you also have the option of posting a comment, even if you are not signed into that account - you can use anonymous...but, please, tell me who you are at the end.

For the next few posts, I'll include the link here so you can simply select that link.
http://loislynndesigns.blogspot.com/

Now, on to the fun stuff!

I have some really interesting people in my life and I want to take today's blog space to share one of them with you.  She did not ask me to do this, I simply want to share her story with you to allow you to meet her.

Luci is a friend of mine from church who began a mission to train for a marathon while raising funds to battle cancer. Her dad was battling this disease and has passed while she's been in training. I'm inserting a quote from her first post below and the link to her page so you can read her story and support her.

I'm training to participate in the Nike Women's Marathon as a member of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (LLS) Team In Training. All of us on Team In Training are raising funds to help stop leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin lymphoma, and myeloma from taking more lives. I am completing this event in honor of all individuals who are battling blood cancers. These people are the real heroes on our team, and we need your support to cross the ultimate finish line - a cure!

Luci Smith's Racing To Save Lives



I hope you enjoy your time looking through her page. I have several friends who are inspiring to me and I hope they inspire you. May we all live, laugh, and learn from them.

2 comments:

Thanks for the feedback! I'd love it if you'd sign your name at the end of your comment, if you're not using an account so I know who to say thank you to.