Monday, March 5, 2012

Black and White - The Power of Written Words

There it was again - words written in black and white that I knew to be another lie. I started to write "untruth" there, but when somebody makes a choice to use untruthful words, or to use truthful words with deliberate gaps to paint the illusion of a different meaning...let's call it what it is - a lie.

I am a strong fan of both the electronic world and the written word, but I strive to maintain a balance between the technological world I enjoy and the face-to-face encounters that round out my community and are a necessity for communication.

There are many benefits of the written word, but my focus tonight is on a cautionary aspect. Very few people can successfully communicate the emotions and personality behind the words. Often, the reader will have a reaction or question but may not ask any follow-up questions - the result being confusion, miscommunication, and the potential for hurt feelings.


Have you ever been hurt by something you read, only to have a conversation later and understand there was a miscommunication?



One More Thing...

Have you ever written something that was misunderstood?

At least once this week, call someone instead of sending them an e-mail or Facebook post and enjoy those few moments of "real life".

Take care, and I'm always here to pray for you or simply to connect.

Lois Lynn


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I'd love it if you'd sign your name at the end of your comment, if you're not using an account so I know who to say thank you to.