Monday, September 14, 2015

Color Struggles

I am struggling.

Our UNITED States of America is not representing this concept well right now. We hear "Black Lives Matter" and "White Lives Matter"...even "Blue Lives Matter."

We've heard the Sheriff of Harris county state the following after the shooting death of a Houston officer:
"So why don't we just drop the qualifier and just say 'lives matter' and take that to the bank?"
I do not understand why the color of a person's skin is used to intentionally create the view of inequality. Aren't we smarter than that? Don't we know that humans are all created the same, in His image? When did the media begin to feel it necessary to say a black or white police officer shot a black or white man? Isn't it as simple as a "police officer shot a suspect?"

I am struggling to understand why this is still happening...and my heart is sad about it.

I saw this today, and it resonated with me so I felt like it should be my featured topic today.



One More Thing...
We are ALL precious to God and we should be precious to each other. Why isn't it this simple? What can we do to stop this?

Take care, and I'm always here to pray for you if you have a need or request.

Lois Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I'd love it if you'd sign your name at the end of your comment, if you're not using an account so I know who to say thank you to.