Monday, August 31, 2015

Mighty To Save

Originally when I began the draft for this post, it was because this song followed another powerful song at the Sunday worship/communion service I wrote about and they went hand in hand down the path that led to a transforming Sunday in my life. I remember being so struck by the phrase "everyone needs compassion" and realizing that this included the "really bad people" and not just your "average sinner." Oh come on, you know you know what I mean!

Well, fast forward to a week - no, a season with so much tragedy happening each day. Now I'm confronted by this phrase and an even bigger challenge. EVERYONE needs compassion.  The arsonist who starts fires and destroys homes and takes lives does. The killer of an innocent person does. You do. I most certainly do. Furthermore, we are all in the same boat when it comes to the need for God's compassion - yes, we are equals, nobody is better in God's eyes, nobody is "close enough to perfect." It sounds like a bad place to be, but our God is truly mighty to save and capable of anything and everything. This is fantastic news!


One More Thing...
Does the thought of surrender scare you or excite you?

Take care, and I'm always here to pray for you if you have a need or request.

Lois Lynn




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I'd love it if you'd sign your name at the end of your comment, if you're not using an account so I know who to say thank you to.