Tuesday, August 18, 2015

The Language of the Lid

"I don't have enough hours."

"I can't get it all done."


"I'm not good at this."



Do any of these statements resonate with you? These are all examples of the "language of the lid" - things we tell ourselves that keep us from expanding our capacity. Capacity is what you can handle. If you want to increase 
what you do, increase your capacity. 


In the video below, Craig Groeschel shares a brief story about his lid as he challenges us to remove the lid in our own life. (Thoughts based on a presentation by Craig Groeschel / Expanding Your Leadership Capacity)


Moment of Vulnerability Alert: In my own life, I have a full repertoire of "lids" I use on a seemingly continuous rotation. Do any of mine sound familiar to you? Whatever yours are, I feel certain you are not alone. Are you able to live at full capacity with those lids?


"I'm a burden to them, they don't really want me around. I'm in their way or they are annoyed by me."


"I don't have anything to contribute."


Ever feel this one? "I'm not a good enough Christian."


I want to challenge all of us, myself included, to find somebody you trust and confide in them what your lids are and ask them to hold you accountable to change the self-talk you use. Then let me know how things change for you.

Now to Him who is able to do above and beyond all that we ask or think according to the power that works in us to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen. (Ephesians 3:20-21)
NOTE: The video is clear when it plays, it's just the still image that's blurred. 






One More Thing...
Phil 4:13 tells us "I can do all things through him who strengthens me." Do you recall times when you tried to limit God?

Take care, and I'm always here to pray for you if you have a need or request.

Lois Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I'd love it if you'd sign your name at the end of your comment, if you're not using an account so I know who to say thank you to.