Friday, August 21, 2015

Feel It

Let's have a little fun since it's Friday. Try to sit perfectly still while listening to this one - I can't do it. I LOVE the music and was hooked the first time while I was playing the drums on my steering wheel, sunroof open, windows down, and the stereo cranked going to a meeting that completely fills my bucket. Could that morning have been any better? Later I listened to the words and it was confirmed - this is now on my playlist.

There's so much in this song that resonates with me. I appreciate the illustration of not seeing the wind but seeing the effect of it. We do not see God, but our faith should be apparent to those around us. It is our best hope to indeed be wrecked by God, to truly welcome the transforming power He gives us and not keep trying to make it on our own.

One struggle I've had all of my life is getting my head and heart to communicate with each other when it comes to God. I am in the midst of this today and so the song's lyrics "Oh I feel it in my heart I feel it in my soul" has almost become a goal for me. Some of you are lucky enough that you FEEL it already. Others of us are struggling to FEEL it instead of to simply KNOW it. If you are one of those people, I am praying for you as I write this.

One More Thing...
To love God, we need to know God. To know God, we need to spend time with God. To spend time with God, we need to hear His voice. To hear His voice, we need to read our Bible. 

Maybe you missed that last step - I did for the longest time. I can also tell you that reading it has been THE key to connecting my head with my heart and discovering a love for God.

Take care, and I'm always here to pray for you if you have a need or request.

Lois Lynn





1 comment:

  1. Love it, Lois. Great song. Love the beat, energy and words.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback! I'd love it if you'd sign your name at the end of your comment, if you're not using an account so I know who to say thank you to.