Saturday, August 15, 2015

The Potter's Hand

I was able to attend the Global Leadership Summit recently, where I'm always inspired and encouraged. One of the sessions was an interview with Brian Houston, the Lead Pastor from Hillsong, conducted by Bill Hybels. Bill then continued the session with some personal sharing about his own connection with music and how important he feels it is to leaders. I believe he said it's been officially studied and documented that top leaders spend a lot of time listening to music. He continued to share a few stories of when a song came into his life at just the right time, and the overwhelming power songs can have in our lives if we allow them to. He has a buddy that he sends songs to and they share in the joy, pain, challenge, etc. of the song and communicate back and forth.

I adore music and it has so often hit me deeply and had a profound impact. So, one of the ideas that popped into my head during that session was to do this on a bit of a larger scale with anybody that may be interested. Therefore, here I am with a new blog. I know I want to share things that inspire me, and my hope is that you will be encouraged, motivated, loved, challenged, or some other good thing by this endeavor. 

I want to start this with a song I heard Sunday, all in God's perfect timing. The Summit left me in a place of conviction to "step it up" among other things. This song has become my prayer since hearing it. To be honest, I was singing along with it, but I had to stop as I realized I was really singing a prayer and commitment to God. I wanted to be sure about it, yet couldn't quite say the words with full conviction. 

It speaks of knowing God has crafted the perfect plan and understanding that He has called us and will guide us. But then it hit me how much God wants a relationship with us when I heard the words about Him drawing us to Himself.

At this point, I was feeling fairly humbled, when these lyrics struck me as a wonderful prayer, if we are bold enough, "Take me and mold me, use me, fill me. I give my life to the Potter's hand."

My prayer for you this week is that you are touched by this, as I was, and maybe we can both pray for him to use us.

  
Please find a quiet moment to still your heart, then listen to The Potter's Hand by Hillsong.



One More Thing...
Can you see God's perfect plan and His holy calling? I'd love to hear about what He's showing you.

Take care, and I'm always here to pray for you if you have a need or request.
Lois Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I'd love it if you'd sign your name at the end of your comment, if you're not using an account so I know who to say thank you to.