Friday, May 20, 2016

Focus

I have been suffering physical pains of one kind or another for years, but a stronger one in my foot for the past six months or more. So yes, this quote below resonates and I can tell you I've experienced it fully. For me personally, when I let the physical pain or fear of doing something become my focus, it can easily become ALL I can focus on. God made us for more. Enjoy the quote!
"Wherever you focus your attention you actually create and strengthen neuropathways making you more capable of experiencing the object of your focus.  Just as when we focus on God it seems that His Spirit floods into a situation. He was there all along; we are just expanding our capacity to sense Him. 
When we focus on our physical pains, fears, and problems we actually create a greater capacity to perceive and experience them.  Very often the pain of the problem is not really getting bigger; we are just getting better at sensing it.
We can magnify the problem or we can magnify God! This is what the Psalmist meant when he said, “Magnify the Lord with me.” Make God bigger in your life as you expand your capacity to experience Him."
-- Dr. Jim Richards

When God seems to be missing and things are going wrong, it's so easy to focus on the troubles and trials. I have to wonder if we focused on God instead, how much lighter our load would be.


One More Thing...
Are you ready to change what you magnify? How can I encourage you?

Take care, and I'm always here to pray for you if you have a need or request.
Lois Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I'd love it if you'd sign your name at the end of your comment, if you're not using an account so I know who to say thank you to.