Thursday, August 22, 2019

Impact

Throwback Thursday
(This was originally published on May 25, 2011, on my first blog.)

The Oprah show is now off the air. I admit it, I watched the last 3 shows. I don't consider myself an Oprah fan and I didn't watch the show with any regularity. In fact, through the years, my pendulum has been swinging back and forth as to just how much I liked her or was annoyed by her. 


Regardless of what you think, you have to admit she has had some great things to teach us and made a substantial impact on many lives, and on the world. This was evident in the multi-episode tribute to her coordinated by her staff.


She has encouraged people, especially women, to live the life they were designed for and encouraged us to find our purpose. Education and literacy have both been very important in her life. She has inspired us to pursue our dreams and to step out of our comfort zones. These are good things, they are impactful things.


I've had people in my life that have made an impact. I've also had people in my life that have left me in their wake, some while thinking they made a positive impact. I'm sure you could say the same. Some people leave a remarkable imprint on your life and others leave as big an imprint, but it's mixed with some destructiveness or other negative qualities.


What would people say about you and the impact you've made on them? Are you a blessing to others, and leave an impact on them that is helping to improve the world? Or, have you pushed your way through life leaving others in your wake? 


I want to challenge you today to listen to others, validate their lives, love people, remember that you are worthy, make an impact on the world, and try not to leave others in your wake. Remember, any time I throw a challenge out there, I'm talking to myself as well!


I also want to encourage you to thank the people who have made a difference in your life - it might be the one thing that impacts them the most.


One More Thing...
What are you doing to make a difference and how can I support you?

Take care, and I'm always here to pray for you if you have a need or request.
Lois Lynn




In honor of Oprah's dedication to literacy, and in tribute to the library that formed a lot of my childhood memories, I share with you a photo of my favorite library taken on a visit to my hometown last year. I always had the maximum number of books checked out at any given time.

1 comment:

  1. I recognize that library. It's now a Thrift store and I went inside not long ago and enjoyed the memories that came back to me. I smile whenever I drive by as I smile when I remember dear old friends.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback! I'd love it if you'd sign your name at the end of your comment, if you're not using an account so I know who to say thank you to.