Friday, October 2, 2015

Shine

Are you trying to do it all? Do you get your identity from your job, your spouse, or the random opinions of strangers? Do you believe you must shine in order to be accepted and loved? Do you fear failure because you fear what people will think of you?

I want to challenge us all to break this mold, this terrible but comfortable habit that keeps us from living a full life, the life God intended for us.

There are so many reasons we may hide our cracks, pretend that all is well, and not allow anybody to know we don't always shine. Pride, feelings of inadequacy, emptiness, history of abandonment, or selfishness. No matter the cause, I invite you to join me in the challenge to stop and allow others to see who you really are. 

I am confident there is somebody waiting to discover ALL of you and love you regardless. I know that God loves us unconditionally, and exactly the way we are. I hope you know that also, and a deeper hope is that you can accept that love and stop worrying about looking like you have it all together.

One More Thing...
Being 100% authentic is far more valuable than shining all the time. I dare you to show your true self one time this week. I will if you will...then tell me about it.

Take care, and I'm always here to pray for you if you have a need or request.

Lois Lynn


"Shine" by Jan Krist



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I'd love it if you'd sign your name at the end of your comment, if you're not using an account so I know who to say thank you to.