Saturday, July 16, 2016

Growth Requirements

Nourishing Dewdrops

If we reflect back to our school days, we may recall the components necessary for grass and plants to grow. While I can't teach a botany class, I do remember that you need sunlight, soil, oxygen, and water for sure. I'm sure there is much more to it, but the bottom line is that there are a number of requirements for growth to take place.

It's not really any different for us. I doubt any of us are so happy with the way things are that if we're honest, we would say we don't want to grow or develop any further. I hope we are all continually looking for ways to challenge ourselves to grow, whether it be personal development, business expansion, or growing physically or emotionally stronger.

I have a list of growth-related goals I put in place for 2016 that span all areas of my life. One key piece is the reminder to focus on these goals. I have been known to go for a month or two without looking at them and guess what? No growth! What about you? Do you have something you are working to improve upon in your life this year?

Do you know what the pieces are that will contribute to your growth? Do you have friends that challenge you or hold you accountable? Do you have the goal written down and do you reflect on it regularly? Just as it is for grass there are any number of contributors to growth and I hope you'll take a moment to reflect on what you need to nourish that growth in you.

As I flipped through my photograph collection preparing for this blog post, I realized that taking photos is one of the things that feeds my soul, nourishes my creativity and peace, and helps me find balance. I also noticed from the dates on my photo files, I have not done this for entirely too long. This is an added growth requirement to help me reach goals for my business and professional life. What are yours?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I'd love it if you'd sign your name at the end of your comment, if you're not using an account so I know who to say thank you to.