Thursday, July 21, 2016

To Kill a Dream?

The Delay, Then The Leap of Faith: aka "Okay, Okay...I'll Do It"

Did you catch the date back in that previous post?  2011.  Yes, it did indeed take me three years and three months to step out in faith. I never doubted the idea, I doubted that it should be me. Sound familiar? It's Biblical. It was evident God orchestrated this while He waited for me to get it together and take action. 

I found a location very near to my home. The landlord has a heart for God and that showed up. The view is of the trees at The Grotto! We had no funds to do this (my biggest excuse) and yet, we opened our doors in November 2014. I found myself surrounded by speakers, songs, and books that included themes like Action Trumps Everything, dig ditches and see how God will fill them up, "Do Something" and countless other examples telling me to take one step and see what God does.

The Hope, The Vision: aka "God, Do Your Thing"
The doors are open. The supplies are waiting. God, this is your place. Bring the people you want this to touch. Show me who to love and encourage. To quote a Chris Tomlin song that taunted me during those 3 years of waiting...

Where you go, I'll go
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow you
Who you love, I'll love
How you serve, I'll serve
If this life I lose, I will follow you.


Yep, this was a theme song for me, and yet I didn't follow for three years down this particular path. I now have another theme song from Matthew West, along with this one. So God, use me to DO SOMETHING!

Have you ever had a dream that didn't yield results you could clearly point to? How did you know when to say farewell to the dream or to work harder?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I'd love it if you'd sign your name at the end of your comment, if you're not using an account so I know who to say thank you to.