Monday, October 11, 2021

Joy Dare: October 11, 2021 - 3 GIFTS OF CHANGE

We are fortunate to experience four distinct seasons where I live. I delight in each one for a different reason and I'm almost always ready for each transition. With the seasons, there is another change I am grateful for. Two of those seasons bring a change in bedding. I have a dark red and white quilt that is heavy. It's not an antique, but its weight reminds me of the old quilts from generations ago. You know, the kind that weighs so much you can hardly move once you're buried under it. While I may not enjoy the cold temperature making it necessary I do love the symbolism that the fall/winter season is here. Each year I think the same thing when spreading it out for the first time. This is my favorite quilt. 

In the late spring, it is finally time for a lightweight covering and I'm always thrilled to change out the thick and heavy one. You see, my spring/summer one is a playful pattern in shades that remind me of life in a beach house. I once again think the same things. This is my favorite quilt. I love the fact that I need to change the warmth level of my quilt twice a year.

A change of direction can be one of my favorite changes. I love a good road trip. One thing I enjoy even more is an unplanned excursion. I may have a basic idea but when I find that rural backroad with an interesting intersection or a vague sign pointing to something a few miles away, I'm going to change directions and see where it takes me. Some of my favorite memories stem from a change of direction. Many of my best photos have been captured on this kind of adventure.

Almost 30 years ago I made a change I have been thankful for every day since. I moved to a new city. The city has changed dramatically in the last ten years and I hope to leave it within the next ten years. But I am grateful to have the people in my life that wouldn't be a part of it had I not made that change.

NOTE: If you are the first to comment, you must click on "No Comments" to start.
#joydare

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I'd love it if you'd sign your name at the end of your comment, if you're not using an account so I know who to say thank you to.