Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Joy Dare: October 26, 2021 - 3 GIFTS EXTRAVAGANT

I received an extravagant gift from a stranger last month. We were both participating in an online challenge. The option was coming up to enroll in the full 3-month course. At just under $100, it wasn't a lot of money (a great value actually) but it was a lot for me at that time. I needed more information to make my decision and posted some questions for feedback from others. I received an email offering to pay my way. To me, this was extravagant. My life has been impacted greatly by the people attending this course with me, and by the content. I'm thankful for his offer to cover my course fee and I am excited for the day when I get to pay it forward.

I've been around the church for so long I find it nearly impossible to hear the word extravagant without attaching it to God's love. I don't always believe it at the moment, and I certainly don't feel it most of the time. But, it's become a reflex to combine the words and I do believe His love is indeed extravagant and certainly something to be grateful for. I'm linking a post below that I wrote at a time when I was more aware of His love.

https://thatresonates.blogspot.com/2020/03/nobody-loves-me-like-you-do.html

Sometimes extravagant refers to spending too much or going overboard on the expense for a luxury item. I appreciate that I wasn't raised with a longing for extravagant things. I drive a 20-year-old vehicle with 205k miles, a hood that looks like a sunburn peeling off, a string of leaks, blinking dash light alerts, and countless unidentifiable rattles and thumps. I no longer feel safe driving out of town alone, but I'm grateful that I'm willing to be content with it and it happily gets me to where I need to go. When the time comes that I can replace her, it will be with another simple vehicle, nothing extravagant.



If you are the first to comment, you must click on "No Comments" to start.
#joydare


FIRST-TIME READER?
This is the link to my first post on this topic, in case you're curious what this is about. If you want to read my "regular" posts, you'll need to look earlier than October 1, 2021.

https://thatresonates.blogspot.com/2021/10/joy-dare-trial-run-october-1-2-2021.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I'd love it if you'd sign your name at the end of your comment, if you're not using an account so I know who to say thank you to.