Thursday, October 28, 2021

Joy Dare: October 28, 2021 - 3 GIFTS IN CHRIST

My initial response was to write about forgiveness, grace, and mercy. It seemed like this would be the expected and proper thing for any Christian to write. But, it wasn't mine. It wasn't a great day for me to face this gratitude prompt as I was kind of trying to ignore Christ today and lay low. I was distracted with life. It turned into a day filled with Him instead.

One of the biggest gifts that showed up today, was my family. Not my blood relatives, but people I am brothers and sisters with, in Christ. Because of that connection, my community, I had someone today I was able to reach out to when I needed some help and some encouraging words. God knew we couldn't do life well without others, and I've certainly tried. I still do most days. Today He certainly proved His point that His way is better. I would love to elaborate more on how deeply this impacted me, but these details are mine this time. I did recognize that it was only because of Him that I had someone today, in a time of need. My day would certainly have turned out differently had I not had this gift in my life.

In Christ. Those words carry a lot of weight. Honestly, I can't begin to express it today because it feels bigger than I am capable of. A lovely woman I hope to meet soon did the Joy Dare in 2018 and her post for this day is beautiful. I would like to direct you to her blog for her 3 definitions of Gifts in Christ. I hope you'll be as touched by her words as I was.

In Christ Alone was one of my favorite songs when it came out, and I still enjoy it today. I'm throwing in a link below if you want to go take a listen to it. Because of the topic, it brought this to mind and I've listened to it again a few times today. It was a day I needed to focus on Jesus, and this was helpful. I often forget all that He is. Sometimes I most need Him to be my strength while at other times, it's the Comforter I need. But, the point is, He is what I need.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I'd love it if you'd sign your name at the end of your comment, if you're not using an account so I know who to say thank you to.