Sunday, October 24, 2021

Joy Dare: October 24, 2021 - 3 GIFTS ACCOMPLISHED

Yesterday I mentioned the CT scan scheduled for today. How wonderful that today is "3 Gifts Accomplished" because I deserve to celebrate this one. True fact about me - I am a big baby with limited taste tolerance and a huge gag reflex. If you've never had to ingest the CT contrast solution before, don't believe them when they tell you, "it tastes like dirty hose water." I might go with swamp water for a more accurate description but there is another taste that cannot be explained. I did everything they said and then some. I bought the expensive water-flavoring drops and probably used five times the normal flavoring to try to disguise the pungent taste and smell, I added ice, used a straw, and plugged my nose. I did all of that while walking around outside looking at the beautiful fall leaves. Nothing helped. But, I am celebrating a CT accomplished and have never been so grateful to have something behind me. Whew!

There is a category of people I'm thankful for today - accomplished musical artists. I love music and incorporate it into many of my waking hours. I have favorites for writing, reading, or studying to that clear my mind. When it's time for major housecleaning, or it's a beautiful day, the tempo goes up, and my playlist changes. A road trip has its own unique set. I may want different types of music for different moods but I appreciate that so many people have chosen to pursue their desires to share their gift with the rest of us.

I'm currently part of an online course led by Jon Acuff, where we have been challenged to accomplish three daily tasks for 90 days. There are over 1,000 members and I'm grateful for this community that celebrates the things each other have accomplished. Some are working on big, executive-type goals while others are working on time management goals for their homes. There is no wrong goal. There is no wrong-sized goal. We are learning so much together and I celebrate them and appreciate all of the new connections in my life.


If you are the first to comment, you must click on "No Comments" to start.
#joydare


FIRST-TIME READER?
This is the link to my first post on this topic, in case you're curious what this is about. If you want to read my "regular" posts, you'll need to look earlier than October 1, 2021.

https://thatresonates.blogspot.com/2021/10/joy-dare-trial-run-october-1-2-2021.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I'd love it if you'd sign your name at the end of your comment, if you're not using an account so I know who to say thank you to.