Monday, October 18, 2021

Joy Dare: October 17, 2021 - 3 GIFTS UGLY-BEAUTIFUL

There is a phrase people use when they cry really hard; the crying accompanied by gut-wrenching sobs that can course through your entire body and make your eyes and face turn red and puffy. Ugly crying. I have sat beside friends who think they're going through an ugly cry situation. I truly believe it's ugly-beautiful. Their hearts are so open and honest, they are truly vulnerable and transparent. It is stunning and can take your breath away with admiration. Yes, it is hard but it is powerful. I wish I could do that with someone. I respect people that can. I had a moment of ugly crying on a visit to northern California two years ago. I was at an Advent experience alone when I was overwhelmed by God loving me. I had a nice, not-so-quiet sobbing, ugly cry while I talked to God. I know He thought it was beautiful. I am still thankful for that moment.

Confession. This is all I have for today. I am writing the next two parts a day late. But, at least I found something to be grateful for. This was a difficult topic for me.

One ugly part of my home is this window on the front of our house. It's always smudged with the noseprints of my precious little dog. I adore him so I see these smudges as ugly-beautiful and I'm always thankful he is in my life. Especially today, after his annual vet check-up! It's a terrible photo because of the screen on the window, but the smudges are on the bottom left and he is slightly reflected on the right side. Usually the smudges from yelling at the mailman and every single dog that walks by cover 80% of that space.

Perception is so important. I just read a Facebook post from Steve. We're in an online group together, working on goals. Technically he is a complete stranger, yet our lives have intersected due to similar dreams of writing. He wrote about having lived many years believing a lie about being worthless. Someone spoke that to him, and he believed it. He now believes he is who God tells him he is. He knows he isn't worthless, and that he never was. Nothing else changed, except his perception. What he chose to believe went from ugly to beautiful. I hope and pray we may all find the beautiful, if we're currently feeling the ugly.

2 comments:

  1. God is never far from us, but sometimes we have to look back at an event to see His protection.
    Bob Dooms

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob, you are absolutely correct. We may not see Him and sometimes we may even believe He isn't with us but we are never alone. Hindsight is indeed 20/20. Thank you for sharing your comment. It's good to hear from you.

      Delete

Thanks for the feedback! I'd love it if you'd sign your name at the end of your comment, if you're not using an account so I know who to say thank you to.