Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Joy Dare: October 27, 2021 - A GIFT HUMBLING, HONORING, HAPPY

I had a humbling experience when someone told me what they thought about first meeting me; "I thought you were the coolest." I've never heard those words directed at me before. In fact, I've always felt quite the opposite. Today was a stressful day so I'm thankful I could draw on those words as a kind reminder that we're not always who we think we are. Sometimes we're cool.


Honoring is one of my favorite words I've adopted in the last ten years. As I spend more time on a computer keyboard, I've come to appreciate that sometimes you cannot honor someone and convey the emotion behind words from there. There is something about the sound of voices conversing, the inflection is melodic, and the emotion is genuine and palpable. You cannot disregard or misinterpret the words so easily. Sometimes, the most honoring thing you can do is look someone in the eyes and speak your words directly to them. Words are important and sometimes the best way to show respect to someone is to say them aloud.

Tonight, I feel happy. I had several ideas for this earlier in the day but never got around to finishing this post. I'm glad I didn't. Tonight I walked with a racewalking friend who could have done laps around me for her exercise but chose to walk with me to help me find a safe place to walk at night. It was also a great time to catch up on each other's lives although she's better at talking while walking than I am. The day was filled with conversations and texts with several friends from all different parts of my life. Now I'm sitting here realizing that my friends make me happy and I'm so glad they're each a part of my life. I feel spoiled.


If you are the first to comment, you must click on "No Comments" to start.
#joydare


FIRST-TIME READER?
This is the link to my first post on this topic, in case you're curious what this is about. If you want to read my "regular" posts, you'll need to look earlier than October 1, 2021.

https://thatresonates.blogspot.com/2021/10/joy-dare-trial-run-october-1-2-2021.html



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I'd love it if you'd sign your name at the end of your comment, if you're not using an account so I know who to say thank you to.