Saturday, October 9, 2021

Joy Dare: October 9, 2021 - 3 GIFTS PRAISED FOR

Honestly, I'm struggling with this one. Anybody else?

The first thing to come to my mind is when an answer to prayer is what we were hoping for. Latest example. My cousin Evalyn (she's actually a "step-Aunt" if that's a thing - I just always thought of her as a cousin) was recently dealing with a severe bout of the virus. She lost her husband to it and we nearly lost her. Obviously, we were all praying for recovery and complete physical restoration. There are a number of people who love Evalyn and consider her survival a gift, even a miracle, and it is one gift God is being praised for.

It feels awkward to talk about my own gifts. Society tells me I'm supposed to be so humble I deny having any. It's always felt confusing because, at the same time, God tells us we are each gifted. With that in mind, and because I can't think of anything else yet, I'm choosing to appreciate that I do have gifts (talents) and people have praised me for them. I don't always agree with people, but I'm trying to accept that some of my gifts might be "good enough"  that a few people sing my praises about them.



This keeps popping into my head so I'm going with it. When a first responder does something even more extraordinary than usual, it's not uncommon for there to be a medal awarded to them. Praises are heaped upon them in a ceremony. I am grateful for each and every person who chooses to serve as a first responder, in any capacity and so for my third gift, I am grateful for those men and women praised for going above and beyond. I actually think we can't sing their praises enough, simply for doing the job. NOTE: This applies to our military as well.

#JOYDARE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I'd love it if you'd sign your name at the end of your comment, if you're not using an account so I know who to say thank you to.