Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Joy Dare: October 20, 2021 - 3 GIFTS UNCONVENTIONAL

Yes, YOU GO GIRL!

This brought me instant joy today! I had a girlfriend with me as we pulled up behind this car on our way to lunch. We both chuckled and then cheered when we saw it. I'd call it unconventional to be so encouraged by a license plate. My friend is going through chemotherapy and transfusions so this was particularly timely, as she just finished up a treatment today. Halfway through the hardest part - you go, girl!

I am grateful that my home is filled with unconventional colors that fit my style and create the atmosphere I enjoy. I have bright Kayak Yellow walls in the tropical room and the guest bedroom. The bathroom is vibrant lime green (with lots of white accents) to help refresh and renew those sleepy mornings. The bedroom and the living room/dining room combo are both shades of warm caramel. It pairs nicely with the bronze and black metals and the living room fireplace. The basement is my beach escape with the color of aqua transporting me to the islands. One last unconventional color - my kitchen is orange, a bright, yet deep orange. My home reflects me, and perhaps, I'm a bit unconventional myself.

When I hear "unconventional" it echos in my mind as "innovative" also. I am so appreciative of the innovators around me, as well as those that came before me. Nothing should stay the same simply for the sake of history. I'm so glad there are people who seek out change, who implement it, and who embrace it.


If you are the first to comment, you must click on "No Comments" to start.
#joydare


FIRST-TIME READER?
This is the link to my first post on this topic, in case you're curious what this is about.

https://thatresonates.blogspot.com/2021/10/joy-dare-trial-run-october-1-2-2021.html



4 comments:

  1. Love the part about the colors in your home. A super way of looking at it. Thanks for everything . . . baer hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'll have to paint it all white someday when I sell, but until then...it's all me! Thanks for reading and commenting...you made my day.

      Delete
  2. Those colors fit your colorful personality

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback! I'd love it if you'd sign your name at the end of your comment, if you're not using an account so I know who to say thank you to.