Thursday, November 11, 2021

Joy Dare: November 11, 2021 - 3 GIFTS OF REMEMBRANCE

There is a day set aside to remember fallen officers. In 2013, I attended my first Police Memorial Day ceremony. It had such a profound impact, I wrote about it later. There are some exquisite acts of remembrance that form the ceremonies. The rider-less horse is the one that touched me the most. To watch the horse cross over the hill and disappear without his rider...wow. Every time I am able to attend, these acts of remembrance keep me grateful.

There are a handful of days each year where I celebrate the memories of someone near and dear to me, that has passed. June, July, and August each have one. It's a nice pause to remember their lives and I'm appreciative that I can still recall the way their lives touched mine.

The church I grew up in, had the words "Do this in remembrance of Me" embossed across the communion table. I saw it every week. I heard the words in the description every week. My church shares communion every week. It is easy for it to become stale and meaningless in your darkest times. But, for the times when my heart is truly open and thinking about this ultimate sacrifice, I am humbled to accept the gift of remembrance of Jesus' death for me.


If you are the first to comment, you must click on "No Comments" to start.
#joydare


FIRST-TIME READER?
This is the link to my first post on this topic, in case you're curious what this is about.

https://thatresonates.blogspot.com/2021/10/joy-dare-trial-run-october-1-2-2021.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I'd love it if you'd sign your name at the end of your comment, if you're not using an account so I know who to say thank you to.