Thursday, November 4, 2021

Joy Dare: November 4, 2021 - A GIFT GATHERED, GIVEN, GOOD

Several of my most precious memories have been when friends and family are gathered together at a memorial service. That may sound odd to you, but let me explain my extended family. They laugh big. They love big. I adore them all. While they are difficult events because I've lost someone I cared about, they are always a beautiful reunion of people who love each other deeply. I know the people I've lost would have wanted us to laugh so hard people snorted. They would love seeing all the hugs you don't want to let go of. The sadness came only when it was time to say goodbye again, until the next time.

Good advice, given freely, from people I trust is priceless. I appreciate this more than I let most people know. So, if you're reading this and you're one of the wise people who have given me great words to ponder...thank you. I appreciate you, and I appreciate the words.


"Good grief!" is a phrase from my childhood that still makes me smile. Poor Charlie Brown often felt the world wasn't going the way he wanted it to. At one point, I had all of the Peanuts books. This was long before there was the option to buy the television specials on VHS or DVD. I am thankful that I can quote several lines from these classics and I think it's fun that this was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the writing prompt was for "good" today.



If you are the first to comment, you must click on "No Comments" to start.
#joydare


FIRST-TIME READER?
This is the link to my first post on this topic, in case you're curious what this is about.

https://thatresonates.blogspot.com/2021/10/joy-dare-trial-run-october-1-2-2021.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I'd love it if you'd sign your name at the end of your comment, if you're not using an account so I know who to say thank you to.