Friday, November 12, 2021

Joy Dare: November 12, 2021 - 3 GIFTS AT NOON


A hot day during the school year meant we got out of school at noon. That was one heck of a gift to a high school student. Yes, it meant it was going to be over 100 degrees that day, but we were happy to trade the extreme temperature for early dismissal at noon.

The last place I worked, I had the good fortune to work with several friends. Some of the places we would go to for lunch had small parking lots so we developed the habit of going to lunch early, at about 11:30. This meant that noon several times a week meant I was with friends, sharing our lives, and usually laughing really loud and hard. Those are precious gifts I miss.

When I was little, one of the sweetest women I've ever known, Maxine, would watch me while my parents were at work. Every single day at noon, we'd watch Days of Our Lives together while we ate sandwiches. Well, she watched. I probably just ate lunch and then colored. One of the most precious gifts ever. I still watch from time to time, just because it was something we did together.

If you are the first to comment, you must click on "No Comments" to start.
#joydare


FIRST-TIME READER?
This is the link to my first post on this topic, in case you're curious what this is about.

https://thatresonates.blogspot.com/2021/10/joy-dare-trial-run-october-1-2-2021.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I'd love it if you'd sign your name at the end of your comment, if you're not using an account so I know who to say thank you to.