Friday, November 5, 2021

Joy Dare: November 5, 2021 - 3 GIFTS ACORN-SMALL

I recently watched Jon Acuff share a story about acorns. He was showing us a bowl of acorns he had gathered from bur oak trees. Inside each one was the potential to become an 80-foot, 100,000-pound tree. That's eight stories tall! That story was a gift to remind us of our own potential. This was a great illustration to visualize what each one of us might have inside. I now have two acorns sitting on my desk to remind me my potential is still there.

Acorn-small, but powerful. Three years ago, our little dog was very sick. It took several months and a misdiagnosis before we finally discovered he has atypical Addison's disease. During this time, we thought we were going to lose him. Smaller than an acorn, weighing less than a raisin, he now has an inexpensive, daily pill that keeps all symptoms at bay. The depth of gratitude on this one is immeasurable.

I love oak trees but live in a part of the country where I am mostly surrounded by pines. We have an outdoor shopping center nearby with lots of trees that turn into a colorful frenzy in the fall. What I didn't realize, until I went for a long walk under their colorful canopy, is that most of them were oaks. The crunching of acorns below my feet reminded me of home, where the oak trees are more common.

If you are the first to comment, you must click on "No Comments" to start.
#joydare


FIRST-TIME READER?
This is the link to my first post on this topic, in case you're curious what this is about.

https://thatresonates.blogspot.com/2021/10/joy-dare-trial-run-october-1-2-2021.html




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I'd love it if you'd sign your name at the end of your comment, if you're not using an account so I know who to say thank you to.