Sunday, November 21, 2021

Joy Dare: November 21, 2021 - 3 GIFTS FAMILY

My church family gave me two beautiful gifts today. One was a sermon that showed me a different perspective about God. I won't elaborate because it was too personal. But, it was a beautiful moment. 

The second one came from a friend who prayed with me and spoke the most inspiring words over me. She has a gift of knowing just what to say, even when she doesn't know the details of my life at that moment. This church family has come to mean so much to me and I'm grateful to have them.

My third gift of family I'm grateful for goes back more than 25 years. My aunt hosted backyard parties for any holiday she could find as an excuse to gather the family. I grew up eating BBQ burgers, the best potato salad, baked beans, and all the usual potluck side dishes and desserts. We always had volleyball set up, which was my favorite sport to play. There was laughter and love, and sometimes some family drama as there were several siblings on that side of the family. It seems that is a normal thing. I was an only child, what did I know? I love those memories of family gatherings.

If you are the first to comment, you must click on "No Comments" to start.
#joydare


FIRST-TIME READER?
This is the link to my first post on this topic, in case you're curious what this is about.

https://thatresonates.blogspot.com/2021/10/joy-dare-trial-run-october-1-2-2021.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I'd love it if you'd sign your name at the end of your comment, if you're not using an account so I know who to say thank you to.