Sunday, November 28, 2021

Joy Dare: November 28, 2021 - 3 GIFTS IN COMMUNITY


I visited a small town a few years ago that I would describe as a community. It seems to be one of those places where people greet each other even if they don't know them. There was a sense of belonging, even though I wasn't a resident. This gave me something I want to consider when I choose my next home and I'm glad I could experience it.


I grew up attending community theater productions and I'm thankful for the memory of those. I went with my parents on those summer evenings to the outdoor amphitheater at our local community college. I remember Fiddler on the Roof, West Side Story, and my favorite was South Pacific. I know there were more, but those stand out.

I am quite thankful for a group of friends that form my community of people who will pray for me. It sometimes amazes me that I have this circle. The funny thing is that when I do turn to them with a request, I tend to only reach out to two or three of them. Next time it may be a different group or overlap just one. It's often random who I reach out to but it's nice to have a community I can count on.


If you are the first to comment, you must click on "No Comments" to start.


FIRST-TIME READER?
This is the link to my first post on this topic, in case you're curious what this is about.

https://thatresonates.blogspot.com/2021/10/joy-dare-trial-run-october-1-2-2021.html
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I'd love it if you'd sign your name at the end of your comment, if you're not using an account so I know who to say thank you to.