Saturday, November 13, 2021

Joy Dare: November 13, 2021 - 3 GIFTS BEHIND A DOOR

I remember when people would stop by my home unannounced. It was always a delight to see who was behind the door when I opened it. Yes, of course I checked to be sure it was safe! Those were simpler times when I think people connected more. I'm so happy I have those memories and wish it was still something people did.

When I think about something being behind a door, I'm taken back to childhood again and the show Let's Make a Deal. There were prizes behind curtains or doors. Somehow, this gratitude prompt takes me to being thankful that we have so many choices in life. Most of us have a choice of chicken, beef, or pork for dinner. We have a choice of watching Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon Prime. We can choose which book to read or who to vote for. It's such a privilege to be able to choose.

I don't vacation often, but one thing that brings on an eager anticipation is the first turn of the doorknob as I enter a hotel room. I don't stay at the fancy places, but it's still going to be something different, and probably nicer than what I have at home. I wonder, what will be behind the door. Will there be windows overlooking the city? Will there be a towel animal on the bed? Will it be cold or warm? The waiting will be over soon, but until that door is thrown open, it's an element of surprise waiting for me.


If you are the first to comment, you must click on "No Comments" to start.
#joydare


FIRST-TIME READER?
This is the link to my first post on this topic, in case you're curious what this is about.

https://thatresonates.blogspot.com/2021/10/joy-dare-trial-run-october-1-2-2021.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I'd love it if you'd sign your name at the end of your comment, if you're not using an account so I know who to say thank you to.