Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Joy Dare: November 16, 2021 - 3 GIFTS HARD EUCHARISTEO

I can't believe we're here on this topic again. I guess Ann knows we need to find joy in the hard stuff.

One of the hardest things I've done in life was to watch my grandfather take his last breath. I was 23 when he died from pancreatic cancer. It was horrible to watch him leave us slowly. I don't even have to close my eyes to picture the room, or where I was sitting as I watched his chest stop rising. My dad called his time of death. This was hard. Somehow, I can appreciate that I was there and shared such a significant moment with Grandpa.

We first had this gratitude prompt on October 10th - feel free to go back and read that postHere we are a month later and I'd say the marriage one is still on my list. There may be less gratitude involved today but I'm looking for the courage to be thankful there is a marriage to work on. I have several friends who became widows far earlier than average.

I have a friend who has had a hard year. We haven't connected a lot recently but I was privileged to spend several hours with her today. While it's her hard eucharisteo we talked through, I'm grateful to be part of her life and to support and encourage her through those times.

If you are the first to comment, you must click on "No Comments" to start.
#joydare


FIRST-TIME READER?
This is the link to my first post on this topic, in case you're curious what this is about.

https://thatresonates.blogspot.com/2021/10/joy-dare-trial-run-october-1-2-2021.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I'd love it if you'd sign your name at the end of your comment, if you're not using an account so I know who to say thank you to.