Monday, November 22, 2021

Joy Dare: November 22, 2021 - A GIFT GRATEFUL

I received a huge gift today that left me feeling more grateful than I've been in ages. Sure, I've been doing this Joy Dare for almost two months, and those have all been genuine moments of gratitude. Some are light, some hit a little deeper.

Today, though. Today was a day when the actions of two people overlapped and combined to form one amazing gift that left me overwhelmed and grateful. I'm not sure I can truly put it into words that are capable of expressing this. It is also one of my most deeply personal moments, making it more difficult to share. But, I do want to try to convey the general concept. 

I've been in a season when things seemed to be going well and life was finally aligning nicely. Then, the metaphoric freight train plowed into me a few days ago. Only, it was loaded with heavy cars filled with manure. Not only did they crash into me and derail me, they buried me in deep, smelly, dark, filth and left me for dead. Parts of me were hit so hard they are off in the distance and I'm not sure they'll ever be recovered. That might sound a little dramatic, but it's where my mind was at this morning.

Then I had someone speak kind words gently over me. I heard words of encouragement without judgment. Many of these words were spoken without knowing anything about what had transpired. Eventually I shared a small amount from a scarred, scared, but open heart. My story was greeted with affirmations and friendship with a side of accountability and truth spoken. Every word was spoken lovingly, even when they needed to be more direct. I was lifted up from the depths of my wallowing and dusted off before being pointed in the correct direction. We waited to see if I would take a step forward or collapse again.

Within minutes of this tearful conversation, I received a text message so out of the blue I could not have come up with this if I were writing a fictional story. The text came from someone I know and appreciate, and have some level of connection with. A super encouraging person, but no history of this kind of conversation. The text read, "You ever have God tell you to do something and you don't know why? Well, that just happened to me. God wants me to tell you that you are valuable and you are loved."

I firmly believe both of these people are gifts from God, placed into my life for a purpose. Today, I am more convinced than ever that this timing was orchestrated by God in a desperate attempt to convince me I have value. Well, I'm not sure God is ever desperate. But I do think He is persistent and determined.

I spent the day in awe of this. It changed my direction. I am grateful for today.


If you are the first to comment, you must click on "No Comments" to start.
#joydare


FIRST-TIME READER?
This is the link to my first post on this topic, in case you're curious what this is about.

https://thatresonates.blogspot.com/2021/10/joy-dare-trial-run-october-1-2-2021.html

2 comments:

Thanks for the feedback! I'd love it if you'd sign your name at the end of your comment, if you're not using an account so I know who to say thank you to.