Sunday, November 7, 2021

Joy Dare: November 7, 2021 - 3 GIFTS FROM YOUR WINDOW

One of my favorite gifts from my window can be enjoyed during the warmer months as the sounds of my neighbor and his toddler twins can be heard through the open window. They squeal, they laugh, they sing, they splash in the water, they watch movies outside, and sometimes they scream. Well, mostly it's the little girl. These sounds all reflect love. They ride on Dad's bike and wave at their uncle who lives across the street. Sometimes he squirts the hose toward them and they laugh. It has been so much fun to glance out my window and watch this family create memories.

Rain will always be one of the best gifts from my window. I grew up in a region without much rain before moving to the Pacific Northwest. I have yet to tire of watching the drops come down and wash the panes of glass or stick to the screens. I enjoy it whether it cascades down with force or each raindrop trickles its own path. Raindrops viewed from inside make me smile. I'm grateful I haven't lost that appreciation.

One time I was able to stay at the beach for a few days in a hotel with an ocean view. I seldom get to do that, yet it is a lifelong dream of mine to do it more. This particular visit was unique because I was there for several days, with my new puppy, and our oceanview room had windows that opened. It is one of my favorite memories of windows as I spent a great deal of time staring at the surf just below those open windows, listening as the waves crashed to shore.




If you are the first to comment, you must click on "No Comments" to start.
#joydare


FIRST-TIME READER?
This is the link to my first post on this topic, in case you're curious what this is about.

https://thatresonates.blogspot.com/2021/10/joy-dare-trial-run-october-1-2-2021.html



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I'd love it if you'd sign your name at the end of your comment, if you're not using an account so I know who to say thank you to.