Sunday, November 14, 2021

Joy Dare: November 14, 2021 - 3 GIFTS SILENT

I have begun spending a minimum of 10 minutes a day in silence. Most days nothing happens except I find myself relaxed and feeling peaceful. Other days bring thoughts of clarity, or the ability to recall words of wisdom I've heard before and stored away. But to give myself permission to do nothing for 10 minutes, and to be comfortable with silence has become one of my favorite gifts to myself. It's probably one of the best things I've done for me, that ripples out to those around because I feel more rooted. Sometimes. Sometimes I just count the minutes in my head.

The neighborhood I live in is fairly active. It's not noisy by any means, but there's a steady stream of people that walk or drive by. You can hear the noise of the busy street one block away, and often you can hear the freeway roar. Every once in a while, it is silent. Completely silent. Those are the moments when I realize it is noisier than I would have described it. Those are the little gifts to savor before the buzz of activity resumes.

Not my dog, but I love this photo.
Photo by Anna Shvets from Pexels

I find myself deeply grateful for the countless times my dog is silent, and not barking at anything. Mostly, I appreciate this during the overnight hours. He is always on high alert so silence means nothing sinister is happening nearby.


If you are the first to comment, you must click on "No Comments" to start.
#joydare


FIRST-TIME READER?
This is the link to my first post on this topic, in case you're curious what this is about.

https://thatresonates.blogspot.com/2021/10/joy-dare-trial-run-october-1-2-2021.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I'd love it if you'd sign your name at the end of your comment, if you're not using an account so I know who to say thank you to.