Saturday, November 6, 2021

Joy Dare: November 6, 2021 - 3 GIFTS GOVERNMENT

This one's going to be a quick read, but I can find thankfulness in government. I know I can do this. Can you?


Well...the government is involved in maintaining state and federal parks. They also have some beautiful scenic byways like the Newton B. Drury Parkway in northern California that immerses you in the Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park. So, for that gift, I am thankful for the government. If you haven't driven this, it's one of the most peaceful and beautiful drives.

A second appreciation for government is for our United States government as a whole. No, I'm not thankful for all of it, nor do I agree with everybody. That's impossible, no matter what your personal beliefs and preferences are. But, when I see the status of some of the other countries out there, and the violence, I am grateful we have some form of government doing what it can here.

The third government gift I'm grateful for is a story I heard recently about a friend who ran for student body president...and won. It was a heartwarming story and this person made a difference in their school. It was a story that shared a time from earlier in life so it brought a moment of connection and a couple of laughs. It may seem small, but in times like this, any story with a positive moment, or two, is worth its weight in gold.


If you are the first to comment, you must click on "No Comments" to start.
#joydare


FIRST-TIME READER?
This is the link to my first post on this topic, in case you're curious what this is about.

https://thatresonates.blogspot.com/2021/10/joy-dare-trial-run-october-1-2-2021.html



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I'd love it if you'd sign your name at the end of your comment, if you're not using an account so I know who to say thank you to.