Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Joy Dare: November 24, 2021 - 3 GIFTS HUMBLE

I had a phone call today from a very special lady. We used to attend church together but it's been more than a decade since that time. She is a woman who lives her life centered on God, always striving to honor Him. She is not perfect. She loves whole-heartedly. She serves her community with a joyful heart and always looks for ways to show God's love to others. I've always admired her grit and honesty. We've had a lot of conversations over the past two decades. We are friends because we are sisters in Christ. I can call her with anything, at any time of the day, even though I'm not likely to. We grab a coffee only once or twice a year but think of each other far more often. We aren't the kind of friends who will go watch a movie together. She is very busy and has a family to care for as well. When I get a call from her, I am humbled that she still makes time to reach out to check on me. She always closes with a prayer for me.

I am fortunate to be surrounded by humble leaders. This is one of the most important aspects of their leadership style. It is something I respect in others and can learn from when it is modeled. I am so lucky and grateful for those humble enough to serve and lead well. They have been few and far between, but I am grateful for their influence.

There have been times when I needed to be humbled. I'm grateful for those who cared enough to point out when I didn't get things right and needed some awareness and accountability. It was tough, but it was a growth opportunity, and I appreciate their willingness to lead me.

If you are the first to comment, you must click on "No Comments" to start.
#joydare


FIRST-TIME READER?
This is the link to my first post on this topic, in case you're curious what this is about.

https://thatresonates.blogspot.com/2021/10/joy-dare-trial-run-october-1-2-2021.html




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I'd love it if you'd sign your name at the end of your comment, if you're not using an account so I know who to say thank you to.