Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Joy Dare: November 3, 2021 - 3 GIFTS THAT START WITH "N"

I have to laugh at today's prompt. Today was the semi-annual dental cleaning visit. Like many people, I once had skipped out on dental visits due to lack of insurance, followed by pure fear at what could be wrong after all those years of neglect. I finally found a dentist to try, based on a friend's referral. The best part was that he used nitrous. I found myself almost looking forward to the visits just to check out of the real world for an hour. I am overwhelmingly thankful nitrous was available to help me get through those early visits. Now, I have an even more amazing dentist and no nitrous is required.

Nature! Yippee for nature. My soul gets filled up when I get to hang out in nature for a bit. I love the quiet you find there, the fresh air, the scent of the trees, or the salty air of the ocean. Now, while I enjoy being surrounded by nature, I don't like getting it on me. Melman the giraffe, in Madagascar, has it right when he shouts, "Ahhhhh! Nature! It's all over me! Get it off! I can't see!" I still crack up at this video.


I appreciate new beginnings. Some people celebrate this every January 1st. New beginnings can come on the first day of any month, or the beginning of a new quarter. It's not uncommon to use your birthday as a new beginning to reset your year. But today, I feel so lucky that every single day is a new day, a new beginning. I have 365 chances to make it a better day.

Did anybody else immediately think about Sesame Street's "this day brought to you by the letter N" or was it just me?

If you are the first to comment, you must click on "No Comments" to start.
#joydare


FIRST-TIME READER?
This is the link to my first post on this topic, in case you're curious what this is about.

https://thatresonates.blogspot.com/2021/10/joy-dare-trial-run-october-1-2-2021.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I'd love it if you'd sign your name at the end of your comment, if you're not using an account so I know who to say thank you to.