Monday, November 8, 2021

Joy Dare: November 8, 2021 - A GIFT SWEET, SALTY, SIPPED

I love words and try to hang onto the special ones I hear. I'm not all that successful, but for a while, I will keep those precious one-liners as encouragement, motivation, or the gifts they can be. Some of my favorites can only be described as sweet and kind. I have a difficult time receiving them but I know they were given by a warm and genuine person. Those sweet words spoken about me, to me, are precious.

Salty air is one of God's gifts I enjoy the most. You're probably going to read about the ocean repeatedly in this year of the Joy Dare. The smell of the salty ocean instantly renews me. My mind is cleared of the weights of life and I feel lighter. I think more clearly and breathe a little deeper in the salty air. I can lose track of time as I wander with my thoughts and discover a world of possibilities as I daydream. I am at my most creative and open-minded when there.

I'm not a coffee drinker. I'm not a hot tea drinker. Nope, not even much of a fan of hot cider or hot chocolate either. But...when I do, I love Mexican hot cocoa. The very best sipped delight I ever experienced was on a trip with friends to Mazatlan, where I savored every drop of a Mexican hot chocolate from a neighborhood coffee house. We finished them while riding the big, loud, dark green, bus surrounded by locals and the diesel smell from the bus in front of us. It made the experience unforgettable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I'd love it if you'd sign your name at the end of your comment, if you're not using an account so I know who to say thank you to.